I've Moved

Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.

RSS: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
URL: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Guest Column #2: Diamonds: Inside the Bling

by Jay Allbritton

by Stacy Sedai

Special to the Station

How sad and ironic that diamonds are considered a symbol of love when they are so often a memento of war, pain, slavery, and death.

Those who can’t stand to consider a life without the bling may want to check out the friendly alternative of man-made diamonds. I guess we all know what the chemists got their honeys for v-day this year.

By the way something, A diamond is just glorified, less structurally stable graphite. Give me a pencil on a ring any day.

VIDEO: Conflict Diamonds. A Six-minute documentary on conflict diamonds in Sierra Leon.

STREAM: Kayne West - Diamonds from Sierra Leon

5 comments:

matt clark, friend said...

diamonds are forever
they wont leave in the night
i have no fear that they might
desert me...

it is so sad and true that these simple rocks are horded by a select group and then sold for outrageous sums of money. they are a symbol of status, but they are just about as common as glass. its pathetic, thank you capitalism, such a beautiful world you have created.

just for listening pleasure, kanye west has a song about sierra leon on his most recent album, check it!

Station Agent said...

I put up a link to the Kanye West song for those who care to stream it. I said stream.

stacy sedai said...

thanks for the song, guys.

please join me in pioneering a new fashion trend: let's replace "a diamond is forever" with "GIVE GRAPHITE". nothing says loving like a pair of pencil earrings.

BlueButterfly said...

I don't see the purpose of insanely expensive jewelry. As long as it looks nice I don't care how much it costs.

stacy sedai said...

i couldn't agree more, bluebutterfly.

Blog Archive

The Station Agent Wrote Some Music with his Friends!

ALLIED RADIO: Secular Music Night

ALLIED RADIO: Dig Until I Bleed



I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.





US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003


Add to Google


Subscribe to Ice Station Tango
Subscribe to Ice Station Tango



View My Stats

Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

media is the issue: www.freepress.net



Media Bloggers Association

Powered by Blogger