President Bush awarded the National Medal of Science and Technology to filmmaker George Lucas Last week at the White House.
That doesn't mean he's gone over to the darkside. Recently Lucas joined Democrats at a town hall meeting to help with the innovation agenda that will be a big part of the Democrats' 2006 platform. At the meeting Lucas subtly compared the Emperor to Dick Cheney. "The Emperor works behind Darth Vader," he said to loud laughter and applause from the crowd of 100 college students and Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. Best town hall EVER!
Lucas' work was recently slaughtered during a recent House GOP retreat where they screened a parody of Star Wars, cleverly titled Election Wars. Democrats were cast as villains such as Darth Pelosi.
Worst parody EVER.
VIDEO: Jon Stewart covers Election Wars on the Daily Show. By the way something, skip about two minutes to get to the nonsense in question.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Saturday, February 18, 2006
- ► 2010 (220)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)
- A Baker, A Muslim and the Pope Walk Into A Bar...
- 3 Is The Magic Number
- More Left-Wing Hate Speech
- Dubai Ports International to Dobbs: Be Very Caref...
- Yeah? Well... That's Just Like... Your Opinion,...
- Ohio State Senator Adopts A Republican Tactic
- Yo That's Racialist!
- We Recommend the Tea
- IST Movie Review: Max
- Do You Think I'm Funny, Private?
- What's the Deal With the Silver Ring?
- Mmmm... Roses of the Prophet Muhammad
- The Hunter Becomes the Hunted
- Warmongers Bolton, Powell Among Peace Prize Nomine...
- Dr. Fakediplomacy, or, How I Got Fooled Again and ...
- Stuck in Lodi Again
- South Dakota's Senate Moves to Criminalize Abortio...
- Father of Neoconservatism Calls Movement "A Farce"...
- Coming Sooner or Later: The Sequel
- Taking the Secret Out of Secret Service
- Okay, Woodward, You're Crazy
- Appetite For Suction
- All He Does is Win PEN/Faulkner Awards
- Guest Column #3: Great White North? Not Bloody Li...
- What's So Civil About Rights, Anyway?
- Clinton Fuses Worst of Gore, Kerry
- Holocaust? I Can Prove the Twentieth Century Neve...
- President's Day News From Around The Planet
- What Kinda Crap is This?
- Josama bin Biden?
- Bird Flu Concerns: Fair or Fowl?
- Oh Paulie? Won't See Him No More
- Help Me Obi Wan, You're Our Only Hope
- Playtime Is Over
- Radio Free Antarctica #2: Oh, Hi, We're Back on t...
- Rollins To Aussie Government: Go Fuck Yourselves
- Cleric Offers a Million Reasons to Whack "Cartooni...
- Goddamn That Oil Pushin' Man
- UN Issues Useless Report; U.S. Plugs Ears and Pout...
- Guest Column #2: Diamonds: Inside the Bling
- I Just Mention This In Passing
- Cheney Ducks Into Friendly Fox-hole, Takes Respons...
- U.S. Risked Carroll's Life to Avoid Appearance of ...
- Holy War on Terror, Batman
- Valentine's Day News From Around the Planet
- Ted Rall, Y'all, Ted Rall, Y'all!
- That Dog Won't Hunt: Offical Story in Cheney Hunt...
- Danish Boycott is Empty Half-measure
- Cheney, on the Hunt, Guns Blazing
- Preparation for Attack on Iran Underway
- Diamonds Are for Marks
- Clooney finds Stone's Prophetic Voice
- Guest Column #1: Ironitis: When Irony Hurts
- Let's All Get Together And Say That Conspiracies D...
- What Are You Reading For?
- Libby Fingered Dick
- Please Put a Stop to Hammertime. Please.
- Deaning McCain
- Cartoon Violence, the Nanny Media and the Satanic ...
- Phony Crony
- Couldn't Pay Me to Listen
- Hey, nice Monotreme
- Veterans Line Up to Unseat Those Who Sent Them to ...
- IST Music Review #1: The New Elected Album
- This is Just Wrong
- Get Your Web-browsing Peepers Out of My Pipes!
- Same as the Old Boss
- Game: Blouses.
- Did You Get the Memo about the TPS Reports?
- Libby Tries to Run Out the Clock
- A Lot of Strands in Old Duder's Head
- Go Alito, Go Alito, It's Your First Day
- Groundhog Day? Again?
- Dr. Rumsfeld, You're Needed in Surgery
- Classless Action Lawsuit
- 2245 Dead. How many more?
- ▼ February (76)