A small branch of a South American religious sect, which is probably about to become a lot bigger, may use hallucinogenic tea the Supreme Court ruled last week. The ritual is intended to create a connection with God. The ruling was unanimous. Even Scalia.
About 130 U.S. members of O Centro Espirita Beneficiente Uniao do Vegetal who live in New Mexico, California and Colorado.
So, check this out, Your Honor, my sect has this ritual...
VIDEO: Homer Simpson has communed with God once or twice.
PICTURED: Rufus Knightwebb's Geometric Hallucinations (1992).
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
- ► 2010 (220)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)
- A Baker, A Muslim and the Pope Walk Into A Bar...
- 3 Is The Magic Number
- More Left-Wing Hate Speech
- Dubai Ports International to Dobbs: Be Very Caref...
- Yeah? Well... That's Just Like... Your Opinion,...
- Ohio State Senator Adopts A Republican Tactic
- Yo That's Racialist!
- We Recommend the Tea
- IST Movie Review: Max
- Do You Think I'm Funny, Private?
- What's the Deal With the Silver Ring?
- Mmmm... Roses of the Prophet Muhammad
- The Hunter Becomes the Hunted
- Warmongers Bolton, Powell Among Peace Prize Nomine...
- Dr. Fakediplomacy, or, How I Got Fooled Again and ...
- Stuck in Lodi Again
- South Dakota's Senate Moves to Criminalize Abortio...
- Father of Neoconservatism Calls Movement "A Farce"...
- Coming Sooner or Later: The Sequel
- Taking the Secret Out of Secret Service
- Okay, Woodward, You're Crazy
- Appetite For Suction
- All He Does is Win PEN/Faulkner Awards
- Guest Column #3: Great White North? Not Bloody Li...
- What's So Civil About Rights, Anyway?
- Clinton Fuses Worst of Gore, Kerry
- Holocaust? I Can Prove the Twentieth Century Neve...
- President's Day News From Around The Planet
- What Kinda Crap is This?
- Josama bin Biden?
- Bird Flu Concerns: Fair or Fowl?
- Oh Paulie? Won't See Him No More
- Help Me Obi Wan, You're Our Only Hope
- Playtime Is Over
- Radio Free Antarctica #2: Oh, Hi, We're Back on t...
- Rollins To Aussie Government: Go Fuck Yourselves
- Cleric Offers a Million Reasons to Whack "Cartooni...
- Goddamn That Oil Pushin' Man
- UN Issues Useless Report; U.S. Plugs Ears and Pout...
- Guest Column #2: Diamonds: Inside the Bling
- I Just Mention This In Passing
- Cheney Ducks Into Friendly Fox-hole, Takes Respons...
- U.S. Risked Carroll's Life to Avoid Appearance of ...
- Holy War on Terror, Batman
- Valentine's Day News From Around the Planet
- Ted Rall, Y'all, Ted Rall, Y'all!
- That Dog Won't Hunt: Offical Story in Cheney Hunt...
- Danish Boycott is Empty Half-measure
- Cheney, on the Hunt, Guns Blazing
- Preparation for Attack on Iran Underway
- Diamonds Are for Marks
- Clooney finds Stone's Prophetic Voice
- Guest Column #1: Ironitis: When Irony Hurts
- Let's All Get Together And Say That Conspiracies D...
- What Are You Reading For?
- Libby Fingered Dick
- Please Put a Stop to Hammertime. Please.
- Deaning McCain
- Cartoon Violence, the Nanny Media and the Satanic ...
- Phony Crony
- Couldn't Pay Me to Listen
- Hey, nice Monotreme
- Veterans Line Up to Unseat Those Who Sent Them to ...
- IST Music Review #1: The New Elected Album
- This is Just Wrong
- Get Your Web-browsing Peepers Out of My Pipes!
- Same as the Old Boss
- Game: Blouses.
- Did You Get the Memo about the TPS Reports?
- Libby Tries to Run Out the Clock
- A Lot of Strands in Old Duder's Head
- Go Alito, Go Alito, It's Your First Day
- Groundhog Day? Again?
- Dr. Rumsfeld, You're Needed in Surgery
- Classless Action Lawsuit
- 2245 Dead. How many more?
- ▼ February (76)