I've Moved

Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.

RSS: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
URL: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The House of Representatives--Where Satire and Reality Meet

by Jay Allbritton
Yesterday, during the debate over the gay marriage amendment, Rep. Lincoln Davis (D-TN) cracked me up when he advised that legislation to ban gay marriage was not enough to protect the sanctity of marriage and that we should just go all out and ban divorce. I was rolling on the cold Ice Station floor, my friends.

Davis was just getting warmed up. "Outlaw adultery," he said, then added, "and make it a felony." The rapier wit of a satirical genius. In closing, he called for congress "prevent those who commit adultery, or get a divorce, from running for office."

He'll be touring this fall with the Blue Collar Comedy Tour unless he's in prison with Congress's White Collar Corruption Tour.

Problem is, I'm not sure Representative Davis was joking. He voted for the ban on gay marriage.

VIDEO: Watch Rep. Lincoln Davis and decide for yourself--comic genius or out of control nutbag? (Think Progress)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

The Station Agent Wrote Some Music with his Friends!

ALLIED RADIO: Secular Music Night

ALLIED RADIO: Dig Until I Bleed



I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.





US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003


Add to Google


Subscribe to Ice Station Tango
Subscribe to Ice Station Tango



View My Stats

Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

media is the issue: www.freepress.net



Media Bloggers Association

Powered by Blogger