I've Moved

Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.

RSS: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
URL: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Californians Want Arnold Back

by JL
Well, how did we get here? In the state with 43% of registered voters identifying as Democrat and 34% identifying as Republican, a wildly unpopular Republican president, and in the midst of a punishing backlash against Republican politicians nationwide, how did we land a Republican shoo-in governator? Dan Glaister of The Guardian has some answers.

Californians think it's cool to be bi:
"Part of the answer lies in the governor's much-vaunted bipartisanship, his professed keenness to work across party lines and do what is best for the state."
He's free of Bush's influence, he's got star power, AND he's humble:
"Trying to link me with George Bush is like trying to link me with an Oscar."
He's nearly royalty himself, but better:
Responding to his debate opponent's long-winded discussion of minutae, Arnold replied, "I feel a bit like I'm having dinner with Uncle Teddy at Thanksgiving."
Maybe it just comes down to the "wow" factor:
"...[Angelides] has the charisma of a biology teacher. In American politics, for good or bad, you have to have something going on."
Personally, I've had some pretty hot biology teachers.

(Cross-posted at Les Enrages)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

The Station Agent Wrote Some Music with his Friends!

ALLIED RADIO: Secular Music Night

ALLIED RADIO: Dig Until I Bleed



I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.





US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003


Add to Google


Subscribe to Ice Station Tango
Subscribe to Ice Station Tango



View My Stats

Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

media is the issue: www.freepress.net



Media Bloggers Association

Powered by Blogger