When wife of disgraced televangelist Jim Bakker, Tammy Faye Bakker was under siege in the 80's, she said, "The Media is sick and needs help badly." Neil Rogers plays that drop on his radio show all the time. True then. Truer now.
Here's some media news:
- Melanie MacFarland wrote a damn fine feature on Keith Olbermann. Olbermann will host the upcoming AFL-CIO Democratic Presidential Candidates Forum, which will rock.
- New study finds advertising taking over the news. I thought it was warmongering assholes taking over the news. Huh.
- Brian Lowry writes about the tendency of the media to crap their pants over any and all terror threats. Best line: "Listen closely, and that "rock-ribbed" American Sean Hannity sounds awfully wimpy on the subject of safety, as if craving impossible reassurances that nothing bad will happen."
- Greg mitchell reports that journalists are playing softball when it comes to American atrocities.
- Say it with me... fil-i-bus-ter. Got it?
VIDEO: Some memories courtesy of Fox News.