I've done a lot of trumpeting of polls in my days as a blogger. Even though I am quite pleased to show Bush and the Iraq War tanking in every poll ever invented, I am not a direct democracy advocate (although MyDD is a fine site). I do believe in our republican system of representation, even though if the polls ruled Bush's ass would be impeached, we'd be out of Iraq and Hillary Clinton would be President.
We'd also have cameras coming out of our asses.
So, just because polls are right about a lot of things that our representatives get wrong, there are plenty of cases affirming representation as the way to go.
Of course, when our representatives see this poll they may very well start running on a surveillance platform.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Monday, July 30, 2007
- ► 2010 (220)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (917)
- Oil Supplies Down Unless Our Enemies Are Looking
- Michelangelo Antonioni (1912-2007)
- Don't Drink the Water; There's Mercury in the Wate...
- Bush on Charlie Rose
- Poll--Americans Fine With Government Surveillance
- Iraq Wins Asian Cup
- Awesome Candidate for Withdrawal Czar
- Former Guantanamo Inmate Moazzam Begg Gives Speech...
- Ingmar Bergman (1918-2007)
- CBS Reports on Gangs in the Military
- Administration Needs to Tell Truth About Tillman
- Biden Calls Out Giuliani; Giuliani Has Someone Poi...
- Michael Moore Supboeaed by Bush Administration Bac...
- An M-16 Fired From a Mere 10 Yards or so Away
- Ron Paul vs. John McCain One on One?
- Site Update and Rove News
- Imperial Vice President Gets More Imperial-er
- Norquist Will Save Us!
- Judiciary Committee Passes Contempt Charges for Mi...
- Gonzo Digs Deeper Hole
- Bush Fiddles as Musharraf Squirms
- The Iraq News--Polls, Halliburton Doing Great, KBR...
- Obama Promises Diplomacy With Iran, Syria
- Specter Raises Specter of Special Prosecutor
- Lightning Round--Goodbye Tammy Faye, American Inte...
- Initial Reaction to The YouTube/CNN Debate
- Congress Feels Contemptuous of Miers, Bolten
- Sign of the Times--Romney's Not Here to Read, Just...
- Censure or Impeachment?
- Michael Moore Visits Stephen Colbert
- On Saturday Bush Will be Frozen in Carbonite
- Paul Craig Roberts on Thom Hartmann
- Someone Throw A Net Over Harriet Miers
- Olbermann to Bush - This is Your War
- We're too far gone in this Country!
- Get Your Law Degree in 30 Minutes or Less or It's ...
- The Media News--The Media is Sick and Needs Help B...
- Who Needs Safe Food?
- Could Water Find End Darfur Genocide?
- Daunte Culpepper Quotes Gandhi
- Losing Sleep
- Lightning Round--Bill Kristol Sees the Future, Pho...
- Military Gives Most Campaign Money To Paul
- Man Turns Down Fortune to Preserve Country's Envir...
- Jim Webb and Lindsey Graham on Meet the Press
- Guardian--Cheney's Iran Attack Plan Gains Traction...
- Journalist Infiltrates National Review Cruise
- The Smartass Agenda--Atheists trade Porn for Bible...
- Moyers Roundtable on Impeachment
- PhD Student--Optimal Copyright Lasts Just 14 Years...
- The (Illegal) Drug News--Canadian Judge May Have L...
- Federal Judge Denied Clinton Privilege in '98
- Hindu Prayer Harbinger of the End Times? Nah.
- Boxer, Moyers, Kucinich, Bloggers on Impeachment
- Dumbass Fatigue
- It's Not the Sun, Sun, Sun
- Maps of War Timelines
- Stonewalling 101--Miers a No-Show; Taylor has CRS
- Firefighters Shatter Myth of Rudy Giuliani
- That's Not My Thomas Jefferson
- Lightning Round--Another Gutless Public Servant, E...
- Lady Bird Johnson - Dead at 94
- Sheehan to Run Against Pelosi if Impeachment Stays...
- Infallible? Pope Fixes Other Popes' Mistakes
- Surgeon General's Warning--Bush Administration Und...
- Senator David Vitter to Announce Resignation!
- Arctic Countries Eye Region's Resources and Each O...
- Michael Moore Visits CNN
- MSM Suffering From Cryptorchidism
- Just How Bad is That Job?
- Eerily Familiar
- Sending Out an S.O.S.
- I'm The Number One Fan of the Man From Tennessee
- No Catchy Slogans From GOP Senators Turning on War...
- Radio Factor Out in DC in Favor of Sports Talk
- Finally, an Impeachment Poll, And Guess What? The...
- The Iraq News--War Extremely Costly, Domenici Turn...
- Why Doesn't Being Persistently Wrong Cost Journali...
- I Hearby Pardon Joe Biden
- American Theocrometer Near Zero
- Happy Fourth, People
- Rudy Giuliani, Scooter Libby, Bill and Hillary Cli...
- John Dean--"The Public Gets It"
- Moyers on Murdoch
- What Keith Olbermann Said
- The House Should Impeach Bush Every Single Day Fro...
- Bush Searches Soul, Finds Nothing
- A Case of Mistaken Identity
- Defense Spending Is the Biggest Threat to National...
- Conyers, Leahy Plan to Enforce Subpoenas
- ▼ July (92)