Two of my favorite left-wing radio voices, Sam Seder and Marc Maron, are relatively unemployed right now. Both had daily shows on Air America; both had their shows botched horrendously by that perennially mismanaged network. Seder remains in AAR's employ with a Sunday show. Maron got ripped off by the old regime and has gone back to his roots in stand up.
The two have started a weekly webcast (Tuesdays 11am on SamSederShow.Com) using little more than webcams. I downloaded the pilot yesterday and I'm listening to their second webcast, live, right now. The show is clunky, a bit of a technical nightmare. It's also absolutely fantastic. Seder's clever and insightful. Maron is manic and inspirational and he's never been the least bit afraid to let his audience in and allow them to know who he is. This is a vital element for the left. Without showing our humanity, we are very easy to distrust.
Here's the link to the MP3 of the first show. It's a technical train wreck. These guys have not found their collective voice yet, but they will very soon. The technical problems will eventually go away, and when they do, this show should go national. Even if it only lives in the nether-regions of the internet, this is what it's all about--amazing technology made simple, which allows these guys the opportunity to build a show from their homes on each coast--Marc in L.A., Sam in New York--and broadcasting to anyone with an internet connection worldwide. The revolution will not be webcast, but the webcast is revolutionary.
VIDEO: Marc Maron on getting high before work.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
- ► 2010 (220)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (917)
- Bill O'Reilly to Enforce Mediawide Smear Ban
- Have I Mentioned That Blackwater Creeps Me Out?
- Whaddaya Know?
- Kucinich May Force Vote on Cheney Impeachment
- California Initiative to Split Electoral Vote Dead...
- Bush and Saddam Played Round of Deal or No Deal
- Democrats Terrified of Being Anti-War
- Naomi Klein's The Shock Doctrine
- Cramer Vs. Cramer
- I See The Future
- Sam Seder and Marc Maron Launch Weekly Webcast
- David Shuster Fills In For... That Guy With the B...
- Sometimes You Should Just Let Fools Talk
- David Vitter Earmarks $100,000 for Anti-Evolution ...
- Rush Makes Fun of Himself on Family Guy Premiere
- Iraq War Movie In the Valley of Elah Opens
- Mandela Dead? Econ 101? No Democracy in Iraq Becau...
- FBI Tapped Ted Stevens's Phone
- Blackwater Defies Iraqi Government; Under Investig...
- The Senate Really Sucks
- Year of the Loonie
- Colbert's Word On Taser-Gate--Solitarity
- What Would Tom DeLay Do?--Dems Play Dead Again
- Dan Rather Sues CBS News Over Memogate
- Senator Gravel Honestly Answers Drug Use Question ...
- Andrew Meyer, I Have a Strategy Proposal for You
- Allision Stewart and Rachel Maddow Discuss UF Poli...
- Palast Shocker--Tased Student's Favorite Journalis...
- UF Student Tased at Kerry Appearence
- Sally Field Without the Sopranos Ending
- The Road BACK to Democracy
- Greenspan Clears it Up--Iraq War Was for Oil
- McCain's Been a Baptist for Like Years and Stuff
- Robert Jordan (James Oliver Rigney Jr.) 1948-2007
- Someone's Coming Home--Blackwater Iraq Pass Revoke...
- Yesterday's DC War Protest
- Mike Gravel Calls Out Ron Paul
- Petraeus Bashers Bashers Need to Move On
- Chuck Hagel on Real Time With Bill Maher
- Did Brian Ross Pass On Info From Disgraced ABC New...
- Joe Lieberman Asks Petraeus if it's Time to Attack...
- Yahoo Debate Format Allows You to Shut Down Talkin...
- Countdown's Coverage of Petraeus Testimony
- When Admirals Attack General Petraeus
- No Bush Brother Left Behind--Neil Bush Gives Lesso...
- Barack Obama Sends Out His War Plan
- Cenk Uygur Talks to Jeff Gannon
- About Time, Man--Obama To Call For Immediate Pullo...
- Run Your Car on Seawater!
- Republicans Demand "Unwarranted and Fallacious Att...
- Dollar At 15-year Low
- Disturbing the Liar
- Six Years After 9/11 (No War With Iran Blogswarm)
- Contenders to Replace Petraeus As Future Iraq War ...
- Schools Should Be Palaces
- Don't Believe in Hell, But Today I Wish I Did
- Former Justice Department Insider Goldsmith Recoun...
- Nas--O'Reilly Marketing Plan is Racism
- That Sounds Bad
- The Iraq News--No Surge Report Here, Bush Never Ca...
- Fox News Bashes Trees
- Mutually Exclusive Headline Theater
- General Petraeus Either Lied or Was Completely Wro...
- Lightning Round--Australians Protest APEC, Tucker ...
- Rep. John Doolittle in Deep Doo
- McCain Verbally Jabs Young Punk
- YouTuber's Critique of Faith
- George Carlin--The Owners of America
- Highlights of Al Gore's 2006 MLK Day Speech
- Revelations and Disinformation in New Tell All Boo...
- There's Your Problem Right There--Consultants Drai...
- Channel Surfing the 2000 Election
- Iran is Not Making Nukes
- Goodbye, Tony Snow
- All Those Geocentrism Critics Were Wrong Too
- ▼ September (76)