I've Moved

Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.

RSS: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
URL: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Ivins On Obama--"Only Democrat with any Elvis to him"

by Jay Allbritton
Turns out Ivins liked Obama.

From Watchdog Blog:
In December 2006, the ever-prescient columnist and best-selling author Molly Ivins was asked whether or not Barack Obama should run for president. Her answer: “Yes, he should run. He’s the only Democrat with any ‘Elvis’ to him."

The month before, I was sitting with Molly in the Texas State Capitol listening to Obama address an early-morning crowd attending the Texas Book Fair. I did not see any “Elvis” that day. I felt the speech was lackluster, as if the young senator who had written so poetic an autobiography was marking time on his path to something else, content with platitudes.

At one point he said something about the need for decency in government. It was a simple, quiet thought but it drew mild applause. Molly scribbled a note to me that said, in effect, we were in for a new time if an old-fashioned word like decency could draw applause.

(more)
This is a nice footnote that again shows Ivin's vision. But we knew about that already.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

The Station Agent Wrote Some Music with his Friends!

ALLIED RADIO: Secular Music Night

ALLIED RADIO: Dig Until I Bleed



I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.





US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003


Add to Google


Subscribe to Ice Station Tango
Subscribe to Ice Station Tango



View My Stats

Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

media is the issue: www.freepress.net



Media Bloggers Association

Powered by Blogger