I watched Barack Obama's interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday and frankly I could not have been happier with the way things went. He skillfully answered every trap question Wallace tossed at him.
However, due to our rightful hatred of Fox, a lot of bloggers were not pleased that Obama agreed to do this. Greg at TPM covers the bloggers' outrage.
Well, I can identify with their disappointment, but this is about winning in November. To that end, his responses were fantastic. He logically dispelled the smears while maintaining his dignified calm. If he would have went all Bill Clinton on their asses, it would have felt good, but it would have been counter productive.
And as liberal bloggers we must understand that Obama does hear us. During one exchange, Roberts asked Obama, "Do you really want a partnership with Republicans or do you really want unconditional surrender from them?" Obama talked about a time liberal bloggers attacked him for defending some of his colluges for voting for John Roberts nomination to the Supreme Court. "I strongly defended some of my colleagues who had voted for him on the Daily Kos, and was fiercely attacked as somebody who is, you know, caving in to Republicans on these fights," Obama said. "In fact, there are a lot of liberal commentators who think I’m too accommodating."
Indeed he has been at times. I am relieved to know that he is at least aware of this reality. It shows he is in touch with us, even if he thinks the way to win is different than ours, he's not in a bubble. I'm thinking that you can roar like Kucinich and get nothing, or you can do it the way Barack does it, and maybe, one day, the war can end and we can start getting the country out of debt.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
- ► 2010 (220)
- ► 2009 (423)
- Bush is still Looking out for the Saudis
- CNN Fires Bloggers, Not Addicts
- Arianna America?
- Fox Calls for Tyson-Douglas-Style Debate
- Rachel Maddow on the Media
- Obama Obliterates Wright
- Plastic Dependence
- From the Office of Special Job Searches
- Obama Sinks it At the Buzzer
- Pink Floyd Political News!
- It's The System, Stupid
- Agribusiness to Blame for World Food Crisis
- The Life and Death of My Ron Paul Interview
- DNC Hits McCain on 100 Years in Iraq
- Obama Emerges from Foxtrap Unscathed
- Failing All the way to The Top
- The Republicans Want Both of Them
- Win Ben Stein's Money... In Court
- Merger Between Church And State?
- Anatomy of a Swiftboating--Has Obama Crossed the B...
- Always Into Something--Rove Implicated Again
- Senator Chafee Recounts Congressional Acquiescence...
- Lobbying Lybians
- CNN Hooks Up the Snow Blower
- Election '08 Results! Sorta.
- Hillary's Obliterating Congressional Authority, Ag...
- Hey Pennsylvania, Can You Do Me A Favor?
- Air America to Continue the Celebrity Nonsense
- Lightning Round--Monkey Muck Blogiversery Edition
- I Know Some Pretty Mad Libs
- Al-Sadr Could Alter American Presidential Politics...
- Know Your Factions
- Do Biofuels Contribute to World Hunger?
- Stephanopoulos Goes After McCain on Health Care A ...
- The Clinton Doctrine will Extend the Imperial Pres...
- All Hillary Clinton Needs is 1.21 Gigawatts and a ...
- Stewart's Response to the Debacular Democratic Deb...
- Maddow Gets on Scarborough's Nerves
- I don't think it Means What You Think it Means
- Broun--No Comma Between 'One Nation' and 'Under Go...
- Pirate Bay Opens New Blogging Service
- Do Economics Explain Everything?
- Further Down the Spiral--Global Food Crisis Worsen...
- Reaction to the Democratic Debate
- Taking A Look at The Democratic Convention Site
- Wall Street Journal Spoof Hits Newsstands
- Madness--Warped Candidates Coming Out of the Woodw...
- Psst... Did You Hear The Latest About Barack?
- Obama Clarifies "Bitter"--In 2004
- Hey, We Can Weaponize That
- Actor Blasts Scientology on YouTube
- Obama AG May Review Bush Administration
- Hey Nova M, Hire Marc Maron
- McCain's Math Doesn't Work Either
- Future CNN Anchor Sits Down With Karl Rove
- Statehood for Iraq
- Obama Embraces Economic Populism
- Fox News--We're Here, We have a Ludicrous Amount o...
- Garbage Picking Fascists
- "Today We Have 50 Saddams"
- White House Torture Group--Vice President Cheney, ...
- House Dems Torch Trade Deal
- An AK-47 in Every House? And There's Still a lot ...
- Hey Barack, Dunk on Them!
- Siegelman on 60 Minutes
- This Campaign Is Getting to People
- How Will History View Bush?
- Media Prepares to get Their Petraeus Love On
- The Clintons Are Rich
- McCain's Medical Records are a Trap
- Over the Hills and Far Away
- That Can't be Right
- Bush--Privatize It, Don't Criticize Me
- Did I mention We're going to Attack Iran?
- Joe Lieberman Sets Up Shock and Awe in Iran
- What if King had Lived?
- 40 Years Ago...
- Obama on Stem Cells
- Go Ahead and Start the Revolution Without Him
- Randi Rhodes Caught Name Calling
- From Rocky to Adrian
- Anything for the Narrative--Clinton's Watergate Be...
- When This Doesn't Work, Try "Justice League of Ame...
- Yahoo Reaches out to Chinese Dissidents
- Richard Mellon Scaife--"Hillary, reassessed"
- Bill Maher Puts Reverend Wright in Perspective
- Is it Racist of Me...
- ▼ April (88)
- ► 2007 (995)