I've Moved

Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.

RSS: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
URL: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Obama Emerges from Foxtrap Unscathed

by Jay Allbritton
I watched Barack Obama's interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday and frankly I could not have been happier with the way things went. He skillfully answered every trap question Wallace tossed at him.

However, due to our rightful hatred of Fox, a lot of bloggers were not pleased that Obama agreed to do this. Greg at TPM covers the bloggers' outrage.

Well, I can identify with their disappointment, but this is about winning in November. To that end, his responses were fantastic. He logically dispelled the smears while maintaining his dignified calm. If he would have went all Bill Clinton on their asses, it would have felt good, but it would have been counter productive.

And as liberal bloggers we must understand that Obama does hear us. During one exchange, Roberts asked Obama, "Do you really want a partnership with Republicans or do you really want unconditional surrender from them?" Obama talked about a time liberal bloggers attacked him for defending some of his colluges for voting for John Roberts nomination to the Supreme Court. "I strongly defended some of my colleagues who had voted for him on the Daily Kos, and was fiercely attacked as somebody who is, you know, caving in to Republicans on these fights," Obama said. "In fact, there are a lot of liberal commentators who think I’m too accommodating."

Indeed he has been at times. I am relieved to know that he is at least aware of this reality. It shows he is in touch with us, even if he thinks the way to win is different than ours, he's not in a bubble. I'm thinking that you can roar like Kucinich and get nothing, or you can do it the way Barack does it, and maybe, one day, the war can end and we can start getting the country out of debt.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

The Station Agent Wrote Some Music with his Friends!

ALLIED RADIO: Secular Music Night

ALLIED RADIO: Dig Until I Bleed



I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.





US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003


Add to Google


Subscribe to Ice Station Tango
Subscribe to Ice Station Tango



View My Stats

Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

media is the issue: www.freepress.net



Media Bloggers Association

Powered by Blogger