I'm a pretty serious Dolphins fan, even though to me, big time sports looks more like a social problem these days than the righteous obsession it used to be. Still, sports loyalties die hard. Seriously, if five years of Dave Wannstedt couldn't run me off, nothing will. However, working with Ari Fleischer has me quite pissed at the Dolphins new overlord--Tuna Parcells. WTF Tuna!~ I guess he's not on board with the great warmonger shun of 2008.
Meanwhile, in Afghanistan, Laura Bush met with troops from New Zealand. The New Zealanders regaled Mrs. Bush with a Haka. The Haka is a Maori dance that I am only familiar with in a cursory manner because New Zealand's awesome rugby team performs this dance before their games. Rugby is the best damn sport in the world, and it pains me that we have not embraced it here.
While I have no idea what the hell that was all about, I'm not the only one confused by this awesome dance. Maia from Alas, a Blog looks at a new usage of Haka developing on the blogs that according to her completely misinterprets what the Haka is all about. Sadly, I wouldn't know, though I wish I would.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
- ► 2010 (220)
- ► 2009 (423)
- Slow Burn of the USA Purge Continues
- The Greatest of All Time At Saying Nothing
- Joe Lieberman Lobs Politics of Fear at His Old Par...
- Out of Office Memo
- Applying Into A Black Hole
- We're Toast
- Let's Have the Election Today!
- Lightning Round--Refocusing Priorities, Carlin, FI...
- McCain on Internet Fund Raising in '04--'That's Wh...
- Comedy is Hard
- The Swiftboating of Immanuel Kant
- NPR's On The Media Visits China
- Goodbye, George Carlin
- Neocons Spinning the Past and the Future
- The Countdown
- Obama Will Fight Telecom Immunity... (Well...)
- Damn Right He Opted Out
- Nelson Mandela, Who is Still Alive, Is On Our Terr...
- Action Alert! 4th Amendment About To Be Shredded!
- The Drill Shill--Crist Was Against It, Jeb Begged ...
- Tyrannical Attitudes Hurt National Security
- Obama--"Let's Talk About 9/11"
- Lara Logan Talks About Iraq on TDS
- When Mark Dice Met Michael Reagan
- Global Blogging Arrests Triple
- Year of the Tornado
- Gore Endorses Obama
- For Russert--"Thunder Road"
- Impact of Clinton-turned-McCain Supporters Overblo...
- McCain's Thesis Explains Why We Lost in Vietnam
- Bush Wants to Nail Bin Laden
- Representative Accuses Oil Industry of Price Infla...
- Impeachment is Not Going To Happen, But...
- Obama Launches Site to Fight the Smears
- Letterman Unleashes Hell
- Habeas Makes a Comeback
- Preparing for the Robot Army
- Obama is a Muslim Smear Attempt #126,735
- Racists for Obama
- McCain Would Work With Cheney
- Drudge Thrives Because the Media Sucks
- Forget it, He's Rolling
- Scarlett Johansson is Obama's Buddy
- Impeachment A Lot to Me
- Can't Go to the Pearl Jam Show
- The 5 Most Liberal U.S. Senators
- Simple Answer--Al Gore
- IST Sports: Dolphins Hire Fleischer, Laura Bush Ge...
- Kucinich Introduces Articles of Impeachment
- What's a Radio?
- Nutpicking McCain's Blog
- Clarke Suggest Shunning Iraq Invasion Liars
- Maher Takes on Religion in New Film
- McCain's Phony Reformer Cred Fracturing
- So Desperate
- Initial Reaction to Hillary Clinton's Consession S...
- A Look Back at the Beginning of it All
- C-SPAN Viewers Vent on Republican Rep
- No Need for Comedy--We're the Joke
- The Fist Bump is Making a Comeback
- Dean Staying, Lobbyists Leaving
- Obama Digs The Wire
- After the Black Gold Rush
- Air America, Dead to Me Again
- Last Night's Obama Speech
- No Turning Back, Democrats
- The Real Cost of the Lewinsky Affair
- Judge Rules For Stein
- The Obama Belt
- Lightning Round - Iraq, Gay Marriage, Blog Comment...
- ▼ June (71)
- ► 2007 (995)