I've Moved

Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.

RSS: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
URL: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

IST Sports: Dolphins Hire Fleischer, Laura Bush Gets Haka'd

by Jay Allbritton
I'm a pretty serious Dolphins fan, even though to me, big time sports looks more like a social problem these days than the righteous obsession it used to be. Still, sports loyalties die hard. Seriously, if five years of Dave Wannstedt couldn't run me off, nothing will. However, working with Ari Fleischer has me quite pissed at the Dolphins new overlord--Tuna Parcells. WTF Tuna!~ I guess he's not on board with the great warmonger shun of 2008.

Meanwhile, in Afghanistan, Laura Bush met with troops from New Zealand. The New Zealanders regaled Mrs. Bush with a Haka. The Haka is a Maori dance that I am only familiar with in a cursory manner because New Zealand's awesome rugby team performs this dance before their games. Rugby is the best damn sport in the world, and it pains me that we have not embraced it here.



While I have no idea what the hell that was all about, I'm not the only one confused by this awesome dance. Maia from Alas, a Blog looks at a new usage of Haka developing on the blogs that according to her completely misinterprets what the Haka is all about. Sadly, I wouldn't know, though I wish I would.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

The Station Agent Wrote Some Music with his Friends!

ALLIED RADIO: Secular Music Night

ALLIED RADIO: Dig Until I Bleed



I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.





US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003


Add to Google


Subscribe to Ice Station Tango
Subscribe to Ice Station Tango



View My Stats

Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

media is the issue: www.freepress.net



Media Bloggers Association

Powered by Blogger