Here he is on the Fox News show "On the Record," in January 2004:"I think it's wonderful that Howard Dean was able to use the Internet, $50, $75, $100 contributions. That's what we want it to be all about. We want average citizens to contribute small amounts of money, and that's a commitment to a campaign. So I'm for that. I think it's a great thing. I think the Internet is going to change American politics for the better."
And here he is on MSNBC's "Hardball," in June 2004:"The Internet is generating more and more people involved in the political process with relatively small campaign contributions, $50, $75. That's wonderful. No longer can an office holder call up a CEO or a trial lawyer or a union leader and say, I need $1 million. And, by the way, your legislation is up before my committee again."
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Monday, June 23, 2008
by Jay Allbritton
John McCain continues attacking Barack Obama for opting out of a system that McCain's own campaign is in violation of, while Obama opted to campaign in a style that McCain himself lauded in 2004. Here's what he said about the original internet campaign fund raiser--Howard Dean--back in 2004 (from Mother Jones):
- ► 2010 (220)
- ► 2009 (423)
- Slow Burn of the USA Purge Continues
- The Greatest of All Time At Saying Nothing
- Joe Lieberman Lobs Politics of Fear at His Old Par...
- Out of Office Memo
- Applying Into A Black Hole
- We're Toast
- Let's Have the Election Today!
- Lightning Round--Refocusing Priorities, Carlin, FI...
- McCain on Internet Fund Raising in '04--'That's Wh...
- Comedy is Hard
- The Swiftboating of Immanuel Kant
- NPR's On The Media Visits China
- Goodbye, George Carlin
- Neocons Spinning the Past and the Future
- The Countdown
- Obama Will Fight Telecom Immunity... (Well...)
- Damn Right He Opted Out
- Nelson Mandela, Who is Still Alive, Is On Our Terr...
- Action Alert! 4th Amendment About To Be Shredded!
- The Drill Shill--Crist Was Against It, Jeb Begged ...
- Tyrannical Attitudes Hurt National Security
- Obama--"Let's Talk About 9/11"
- Lara Logan Talks About Iraq on TDS
- When Mark Dice Met Michael Reagan
- Global Blogging Arrests Triple
- Year of the Tornado
- Gore Endorses Obama
- For Russert--"Thunder Road"
- Impact of Clinton-turned-McCain Supporters Overblo...
- McCain's Thesis Explains Why We Lost in Vietnam
- Bush Wants to Nail Bin Laden
- Representative Accuses Oil Industry of Price Infla...
- Impeachment is Not Going To Happen, But...
- Obama Launches Site to Fight the Smears
- Letterman Unleashes Hell
- Habeas Makes a Comeback
- Preparing for the Robot Army
- Obama is a Muslim Smear Attempt #126,735
- Racists for Obama
- McCain Would Work With Cheney
- Drudge Thrives Because the Media Sucks
- Forget it, He's Rolling
- Scarlett Johansson is Obama's Buddy
- Impeachment A Lot to Me
- Can't Go to the Pearl Jam Show
- The 5 Most Liberal U.S. Senators
- Simple Answer--Al Gore
- IST Sports: Dolphins Hire Fleischer, Laura Bush Ge...
- Kucinich Introduces Articles of Impeachment
- What's a Radio?
- Nutpicking McCain's Blog
- Clarke Suggest Shunning Iraq Invasion Liars
- Maher Takes on Religion in New Film
- McCain's Phony Reformer Cred Fracturing
- So Desperate
- Initial Reaction to Hillary Clinton's Consession S...
- A Look Back at the Beginning of it All
- C-SPAN Viewers Vent on Republican Rep
- No Need for Comedy--We're the Joke
- The Fist Bump is Making a Comeback
- Dean Staying, Lobbyists Leaving
- Obama Digs The Wire
- After the Black Gold Rush
- Air America, Dead to Me Again
- Last Night's Obama Speech
- No Turning Back, Democrats
- The Real Cost of the Lewinsky Affair
- Judge Rules For Stein
- The Obama Belt
- Lightning Round - Iraq, Gay Marriage, Blog Comment...
- ▼ June (71)
- ► 2007 (995)