Considering the track record of U.S. contractors in Iraq, it comes as no surprise that Iraq is simply not wired right. Power remains erratic in much of Iraq, resulting in spiderwebs of wires running from homes to generators all over the country.
Poor electrical work by contractors in Iraq is also plaguing our troops. New York Times writer James Risen reports, "Shoddy electrical work by private contractors on United States military bases in Iraq is widespread and dangerous, causing more deaths and injuries from fires and shocks than the Pentagon has acknowledged, according to internal Army documents." When challenged by it's few qualified electricians that were concerned about shoddy work, contractors often told them "it's a war zone."
Even though village idiot Brian Kilmeade doesn't want to hear it, according to Army Times, 11 service members and two U.S. civilians have been killed because Halliburton and KBR "improperly installed electrical wiring or failed to fix known electrical hazards".
Raw Story has more.
There is a bright side to the electrical nightmare in Iraq. In certain areas they're converting to solar with some measure of success.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Friday, July 18, 2008
- ► 2010 (220)
- ► 2009 (423)
- Orwell's Back and He's Pretty Pissed
- That Tricky Bush Administration
- Oh Ted Stevens, How I Intend to Continue Mocking Y...
- Read McCain's Lips If You Can
- Obama Would Review Executive Orders
- The Military Industrial Complex--It's Much, Much W...
- Let's See, Why Wouldn't Obama Tell The Media Certa...
- Stevens Indictment News Hits Tubes
- Taking A Break From Blowing Up Robots So I Can Blo...
- Goodling Crossed the Line
- Lightning Round--Going On the Lam Edition
- Get it Together Stretch--You Gotta At Least Quadru...
- Is McCain Bush's Cleaner?
- Sauce for the Goose
- Bush Diagnoses The Economy's Drinking Problem
- Brand New Colony
- Lightning Round--McCain's Veep, Netroots Nation, M...
- A Kinder, Gentler Energy Corperation?
- Meet Meet the Bloggers
- Phil Gramm Friday Evening News Dumps Himself
- Malone--West Should Be Very Worried About Chinese ...
- Obama in Kuwait
- On the Road to His Time Horizon
- Iraqi Contractors Ignored Electrical Hazards
- Bjork - Joga
- Channel Surfing Through Insomnia
- Levin Goes After Tax Shelters
- I've Found George W. Bush's Legacy!
- Maddow Coming to the TV Machine?
- Iran's Photoshopping Capabilities Must be Stopped
- I Do Not Know This Ron Paul You Speak Of
- Keep Your Chin Up
- Lightning Round - AP Bias, Bush and the Taliban, A...
- Obama Talks with Fareed Zakaria
- It's Just Satire, Right?
- We're All Mad Here--One in 300 On Terror Watch Lis...
- Satire My Ass
- Kill Bill--McCain Takes Credit for GI Bill He Trie...
- Wherefore Art Thou Hussein Obama
- Rove, Democracy On Vacation
- U.S. Economy Will Force End of Empire
- Cheney Gets What Cheney Wants
- FISA Passes
- Lightning Round--Covering Fox, The Rove Law, China...
- Undefined Web Still Up for Grabs
- Stone Tablet Overrated
- Obama's Iraq Message Same as it Was in 2007
- Bush Takes an Eraser to Jefferson
- No Surprise, Blogosphere Very Polarized
- Rove/Edwards Debates Prelude to Court Date?
- Name Your Price, Bin Laden
- Fourth of July Special Comment
- Dollar Down 41% During Bush Era
- Obama's Credit Good, WaPo Credibility Bad
- Suicide Painless, Prison Painful
- AT&T Whistleblower: Spy Bill Creates 'Infrastructu...
- Call McCain a Wahhhmbulance
- The Bush Mysteries
- Katie Bags a Murrow!
- Murphy Gets Anti-Profiteering Law Passed
- ▼ July (60)
- ► 2007 (995)