The New York Times talked to Rachel Maddow and some MSNBC executive types about her future in TV news. I like Maddow a lot and I can't wait to see her on a show that she can drive the way she wants. Unfortunately I do not trust MSNBC to leave her alone to do the job.
Her recent run of eight nights guest hosting Countdown revealed that Maddow has the chops to seamlessly do the job of a TV news anchor. Unfortunately it also revealed that even on a very good show like Countdown, Maddow is a watered down version of her radio persona.
Here's a clip of Maddow doing a recurring segment on Countdown called Bushed!, which is kind of like a weather report for bad government. All the crap you can unwrap, all the slime all the time, and all in under three minutes.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
- ► 2010 (220)
- ► 2009 (423)
- Orwell's Back and He's Pretty Pissed
- That Tricky Bush Administration
- Oh Ted Stevens, How I Intend to Continue Mocking Y...
- Read McCain's Lips If You Can
- Obama Would Review Executive Orders
- The Military Industrial Complex--It's Much, Much W...
- Let's See, Why Wouldn't Obama Tell The Media Certa...
- Stevens Indictment News Hits Tubes
- Taking A Break From Blowing Up Robots So I Can Blo...
- Goodling Crossed the Line
- Lightning Round--Going On the Lam Edition
- Get it Together Stretch--You Gotta At Least Quadru...
- Is McCain Bush's Cleaner?
- Sauce for the Goose
- Bush Diagnoses The Economy's Drinking Problem
- Brand New Colony
- Lightning Round--McCain's Veep, Netroots Nation, M...
- A Kinder, Gentler Energy Corperation?
- Meet Meet the Bloggers
- Phil Gramm Friday Evening News Dumps Himself
- Malone--West Should Be Very Worried About Chinese ...
- Obama in Kuwait
- On the Road to His Time Horizon
- Iraqi Contractors Ignored Electrical Hazards
- Bjork - Joga
- Channel Surfing Through Insomnia
- Levin Goes After Tax Shelters
- I've Found George W. Bush's Legacy!
- Maddow Coming to the TV Machine?
- Iran's Photoshopping Capabilities Must be Stopped
- I Do Not Know This Ron Paul You Speak Of
- Keep Your Chin Up
- Lightning Round - AP Bias, Bush and the Taliban, A...
- Obama Talks with Fareed Zakaria
- It's Just Satire, Right?
- We're All Mad Here--One in 300 On Terror Watch Lis...
- Satire My Ass
- Kill Bill--McCain Takes Credit for GI Bill He Trie...
- Wherefore Art Thou Hussein Obama
- Rove, Democracy On Vacation
- U.S. Economy Will Force End of Empire
- Cheney Gets What Cheney Wants
- FISA Passes
- Lightning Round--Covering Fox, The Rove Law, China...
- Undefined Web Still Up for Grabs
- Stone Tablet Overrated
- Obama's Iraq Message Same as it Was in 2007
- Bush Takes an Eraser to Jefferson
- No Surprise, Blogosphere Very Polarized
- Rove/Edwards Debates Prelude to Court Date?
- Name Your Price, Bin Laden
- Fourth of July Special Comment
- Dollar Down 41% During Bush Era
- Obama's Credit Good, WaPo Credibility Bad
- Suicide Painless, Prison Painful
- AT&T Whistleblower: Spy Bill Creates 'Infrastructu...
- Call McCain a Wahhhmbulance
- The Bush Mysteries
- Katie Bags a Murrow!
- Murphy Gets Anti-Profiteering Law Passed
- ▼ July (60)
- ► 2007 (995)