Brilliant speech by Hillary Clinton. These fantastic speeches are really starting to pile up. Just based on the limited number of speeches I've seen so far, Michelle Obama; her brother; Ted Kennedy; Jesse Jackson, Jr.; Brian Schweitzer and Hillary Clinton all kicked ass to varying degrees. Senator Clinton, however, with this nation's lonely eyes upon her, dispelled all the doubts.
No way, No how, No McCain.
After all the vitriol and rancor that was unleashed in the long primary, I never thought I would see the day that I genuinely could be moved by this person. But here we are. I really look forward to seeing what she does without the cloud of this campaign and the expectations that come from being a Presidential contender that everyone can see coming from eight to ten years away hanging over her.
The only real disappointment so far has been the coverage. C-SPAN is the way to go, but I critique the media and I am fascinated by their foolish doings, so I watch.
If you're wondering why the floor feed seems oddly off-putting, it's because Fox News is in control of the feed. No matter what network you're looking at, other than C-SPAN, if you're seeing the floor feed, it's from Fox. How the fuck did that happen? Well, it seems like it's nothing more than luck of the draw. But since they're in control, during applause breaks they're childishly cutting away from the speaker to some disinterested person talking or sleeping or just plain stonefaced--whatever they can find that sucks some of the air out of the images. On night one, you would think that the whole convention was full of minorities with bad dental situations. Once you know Fox is in control of the feed, the narrative they're trying to subliminally juxtapose onto the coverage becomes crystal clear and it's lower than a snake's belly. The networks have to cut Fox out of the deal in the future if this is how they're going to roll (film).
MSNBC's coverage is surreal for all kinds of other reasons. This is a deeply dysfunctional family full of personalities that do not mesh. Pat Buchanan wants to lay a proverbial glove on Rachel Maddow so bad he can taste it. Keith Olbermann kneecapped Joe Scarborough accidentally when, exasperated by Joe's bullshit, Olbermann asked into an open mic, "Jesus, Joe, why don't you get a shovel?" Joe heard, and instead of ignoring it, he responded and it was pretty seriously awkward.
Chris Matthews lends his usual moonman meanderings to the affair. Tonight there must have been someone talking into his microphone telling him to wrap when he snapped, "I'll wrap in a minute!" Matthews was so thunderstruck by Hillary's speech that he just kinda trailed off as he realized that he wasn't making any sense. This type of thing from Matthews consistently throws off Olbermann, and making matters even more hysterically funny is that the set MSNBC is working from is not locked down, so any construction work going on can wipe out their coverage for thirty seconds at a time.
By the way, my girlfriend thinks that Matthews looks like Dauber from Coach.
I think she's onto something.
Well, Bill Clinton, Bill Richardson, Joe Biden, John Kerry and Robert Wexler will all give speeches tomorrow, among others. Biden and Bubba should be barn burners. I'll try to get the video of Wexler's speech from YouTube because there's no effin' way that the networks will let him have any air time. Too dangerous.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
- ► 2010 (220)
- ► 2009 (423)
- Campaigns Brace for Gustav
- I Still Can't Believe It
- Neil Young - Oh Lonesome Me
- Pat Buchanan -- "The Greatest Convention Speech"
- Palin: Big Mistake
- Coffee is for Closers
- John Kerry, Bill Clinton Deliver at DNC
- Support the Treasury--Wrap Your Gifts in Cash!
- Afghanistan Wants New Arrangement
- I'm a Machine
- Reporting on the DNC--From In Front of my TV
- Jesse Jackson Jr. At the DNC
- Authoritarianism Is A One Way Street
- Michelle Obama at the DNC
- Brolin Talks Pretzel Scene
- Fear Not Geeks, Biden is Not Coming For You
- Journalists Kidnapped in Somalia
- Ohio, Again
- Denver Police Apprehend 3 in Obama Assasination Pl...
- Obama's to-do List
- Of Course She Wasn't Vetted
- ABC News on Biden's Biography
- Associated (With McCain) Press
- It's ON
- The Iraq News--Timetable Agreement Reached, al-Sad...
- More Dubious Oil Related Statistics
- Conversion Experience
- Counting McCain's Houses With The Count
- The War on Evil is Stupid
- McCain Hearts Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld
- Not Buying It
- Conyers Sends Letters of Inquiry to Libby
- Is There a Draft in Here?
- Oceans' Dead Zones Growing
- Rumble, Young Man, Rumble
- Bush Administration Swiftboats Gilligan
- Rep. Tubbs Jones Dies
- Lightning Round--Joe's a Prick, Fear President Joe...
- More Stimulus Coming
- Maddow In, Abrams Out at MSNBC
- Google "Colony Collapse Disorder"
- A True Blogger Finds Her Calling
- Not a Good Time For Musharraf to Go
- Campaign Now Officially Groundhog's Day
- Six Words
- Denise and I on BlogTalkRadio
- Video of the Week
- Yo Tommy, Ship Me One of Them Kirbys!
- Warp Drives Could Work
- Just a Few Members from Meeting Our Goal
- For Siegelman, We Roll Out the Hits
- Norway Knights Three Truly Badass Penguins
- You Hear That Christians? NOT the Antichrist!
- Future of the Internet Update
- War On Ourselves
- Kerry Smear Artist Crushed By Obama Campaign
- Mukasey Pulls Ball Away, Conyers Goes Flying
- Rage To Rock Denver During Convention
- McCain Continues to Lie About Obama's Tax Cuts
- No More VP Predictions
- There's Going to be Other Wars My Friends
- Did You Hear the One About Rev. Wright's Book?
- Ron Suskind Visits the Daily Show
- Pravda Regains Propaganda Championship
- They Knew. Sure, We Knew They Knew. But Still, T...
- Marshall Law in Arkansas
- Barr Explains To CNN That We Have More Than Just T...
- The Worst of the Keating Five
- MIT Touts Solar Advancement
- Edwards Affair Could Have Been National Nightmare
- Oil Bubble Popped?
- Robot Hordes Vanquished!
- Dem Convention Update
- Eroding Soul
- The Enemy Within
- ▼ August (75)
- ► 2007 (995)