I've Moved

Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.

RSS: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
URL: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

From Russia With Pessimism

by Jay Allbritton
A Russian pundit named Igor Panarin told one of that country's newspapers, Izvestia, that the current economic crisis here in the United States will lead to the collapse of our country.

Panarin's obnoxious prediction initially pissed me off until I read his concise and perspicacious argument:
The dollar is not secured by anything. The country’s foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse.
Hmm... Touche, douchebag.

He goes on to explain why the U.S. will break up into six pieces:
A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles.
So, we have until spring, eh? Bummer. I stole a map of his projected dis-United States from Suzie-Q's blog. I don't know... I just can't see Oklahoma being a part of another country. They'll have to go it alone. And I just don't see West Virginia hanging with the commies in the Northeast. They'd have to go it alone too. So I count at least eight countries. I think California would break up rather quickly into about thirty city-states.

By the way something, Panarin believes that Russia can claim Alaska if it wants because it was only leased to the United States.

Eggsellent.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

The Station Agent Wrote Some Music with his Friends!

ALLIED RADIO: Secular Music Night

ALLIED RADIO: Dig Until I Bleed



I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.





US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003


Add to Google


Subscribe to Ice Station Tango
Subscribe to Ice Station Tango



View My Stats

Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

media is the issue: www.freepress.net



Media Bloggers Association

Powered by Blogger