Controversial Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) said this weekend that she wants residents of her state "armed and dangerous" over President Barack Obama's plan to reduce global warming "because we need to fight back."If Rep. Bachmann wants to drop the old Thomas Jefferson said we need a revolution every now and then bomb, then she needs to go ahead and start marching her militia toward D.C. I can't wait to see what happens when General Bachmann gets there.
Asked about the White House-backed cap-and-trade proposal to reduce carbon emissions, Bachmann told WWTC 1280 AM, "I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us 'having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people -- we the people -- are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country. And I think this has the potential of changing the dynamic of freedom forever in the United States."
Bachmann also told her constituents she was "a foreign correspondent on enemy lines," sending Minnesotans warnings through her blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace. "I try to let everyone back here in Minnesota know exactly the nefarious activities that are taking place in Washington."
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Monday, March 23, 2009
by Jay Allbritton
This strikes me as somewhat, uh, treasonous?
- ► 2010 (220)
- That's Too Real For Me
- Year of the Boomerang
- Webb Introduces Prison Reform Bill, Other Senators...
- That's What She Said
- Letterman Offers Perspective on Obama's Teleprompt...
- What An Act of Congress Can Do
- Lightning Round--Michael Steele Punks America Edit...
- That's The Problem Right There
- Beware The Balance Monkey
- The Real Most Liberal Senator Places Hold On Obama...
- CNBC Hires Howard Dean
- Michelle Bachman Wants to Refresh the Tree of Libe...
- Louie CK on Conan
- Ice Station Radio--This Is The Droid You Are Looki...
- Obama On Leno
- Thank You, Canada!
- Teleprompt This
- The Real Redistributionist-In-Chief
- Richardson Ends Death Penalty in New Mexico
- Obama Reverses Bush, Endorses U.N. Call for Decrim...
- Work On It
- Obama Administration Takes Baby Steps On Drug Poli...
- Go Kill Yourselves
- Carlson, Maddow Weigh in on Cramer v. Stewart
- Mortgage Crisis Fueling West Nile?
- Stewart v. Cramer IV--The Final Chapter
- Wha? I Didn't Do Nothing
- Lightning Round--It's an Alternative Universe, Cha...
- Some People Just Don't Instill Confidence
- Stewart v. Cramer III--The Saga Continues
- Well, Allow Me To Retort
- Don Siegelman On Rachel Maddow
- When Evil Needs PR...
- Pre-Recession Mindset Infects GOP, Media
- My McNuggets Are an Emergency
- We Knew That Already
- Jon Stewart's Rage Waxes Hot
- Godspeed, Don Siegelman
- Just When America Found Out He Had a Show
- Chinese Bloggers Blow Lid Off Media, Government Du...
- A Swing to the Left?
- Just Brainstorming Here, But Do We Need The First ...
- The Case For Marijuana
- The Head of the Republican Party Is...
- Wingnutistan and the Deep End
- Another Memo to Pinky
- Memo to The King of the Dying Party
- PM and Snorting Koch
- ▼ March (48)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)