Yesterday, House Republicans made a pretty big deal about unveiling their budget alternative.So, they just changed the cover on a tax cut proposal, right?
In fact, we received this email from a House GOP spokeswoman, "Given the President’s comments [Tuesday] night that, 'we haven’t seen a budget out of [Republicans],' we wanted to make sure to make you all aware that we are introducing our Republican Budget Alternative tomorrow."
And then what happens today? House Republicans release a 19-page document that contains no hard spending numbers or deficit projections. Per the AP, "One of the few hard bits of information is a promise to simplify the tax code and cut income tax rates to 10 percent for people making $100,000 or less down. They also promise to cut domestic spending below current levels but don't say whether they are exempting Social Security. It's impossible to determine the projected deficit based on their offering."
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
by Jay Allbritton
In their desperation to respond to accusations by President Obama that they do not have a budget Republicans rushed in with... no one knows what it is, but it's not a budget.
- ► 2010 (220)
- That's Too Real For Me
- Year of the Boomerang
- Webb Introduces Prison Reform Bill, Other Senators...
- That's What She Said
- Letterman Offers Perspective on Obama's Teleprompt...
- What An Act of Congress Can Do
- Lightning Round--Michael Steele Punks America Edit...
- That's The Problem Right There
- Beware The Balance Monkey
- The Real Most Liberal Senator Places Hold On Obama...
- CNBC Hires Howard Dean
- Michelle Bachman Wants to Refresh the Tree of Libe...
- Louie CK on Conan
- Ice Station Radio--This Is The Droid You Are Looki...
- Obama On Leno
- Thank You, Canada!
- Teleprompt This
- The Real Redistributionist-In-Chief
- Richardson Ends Death Penalty in New Mexico
- Obama Reverses Bush, Endorses U.N. Call for Decrim...
- Work On It
- Obama Administration Takes Baby Steps On Drug Poli...
- Go Kill Yourselves
- Carlson, Maddow Weigh in on Cramer v. Stewart
- Mortgage Crisis Fueling West Nile?
- Stewart v. Cramer IV--The Final Chapter
- Wha? I Didn't Do Nothing
- Lightning Round--It's an Alternative Universe, Cha...
- Some People Just Don't Instill Confidence
- Stewart v. Cramer III--The Saga Continues
- Well, Allow Me To Retort
- Don Siegelman On Rachel Maddow
- When Evil Needs PR...
- Pre-Recession Mindset Infects GOP, Media
- My McNuggets Are an Emergency
- We Knew That Already
- Jon Stewart's Rage Waxes Hot
- Godspeed, Don Siegelman
- Just When America Found Out He Had a Show
- Chinese Bloggers Blow Lid Off Media, Government Du...
- A Swing to the Left?
- Just Brainstorming Here, But Do We Need The First ...
- The Case For Marijuana
- The Head of the Republican Party Is...
- Wingnutistan and the Deep End
- Another Memo to Pinky
- Memo to The King of the Dying Party
- PM and Snorting Koch
- ▼ March (48)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)