MSNBC is about to hand its 6pm slot to liberal talker Ed Shultz. From an ideological standpoint, this is probably a push. Though Shuster has more of a pretense of journalism, he's clearly no fan of the Republican Party and/or he felt the best thing for his career was a personality-free attempt to be Kieth Olbermann, Jr. Though I'm no fan of Shultz, getting Shuster's mesmerizing jaw (he enunciates so hard I sometime think he's going to pull a muscle) out of my face during the dinner hour works for me. Besides, Shuster was a very good reporter, so let him go back to that. Of course MSNBC might decide that playing Hardball at 5pm and 7pm is ridiculous and just give Shuster the 5pm slot.
I thought Shultz was a shoe-in for the 10pm slot that MSNBC's been teasing, then the network decided over the weekend to put their 10pm plans on hold for the foreseebale future. So, put the Sam Seder vs. The Young Turks fun feud for that slot, which neither of them will likely ever get even though they are both better picks than Shultz or Shuster, on the back burner for the time being.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
- ► 2010 (220)
- The Horror--The Daily Show Exposes Swedish Dystopi...
- The Daily Show Covers Your Government, Not At Work...
- Specter a Symptom of Shrinking GOP
- How Warming Deniers Use Shortened Trend Lines To C...
- Nailed It!
- Mirror Mirror On the Wall, Who's the Snarkiest of ...
- Have a question for Obama?
- "Hospitals Which are so Expensive that it's Cheape...
- Hillary Clinton and Ron Paul Look Back at Election...
- Did DHS Report mean these people?
- The Diabolical Al Gore Strikes Again
- Randi's Coming Back
- Messianic Convergence
- Ron Suskind on Rachel Maddow Show
- Deploy Clinton
- Senate Armed Services Committee Releases Torture R...
- Back From Twitter Land
- Justifying DHS Reports
- Something Complicated Happened and Some of it Is o...
- Texas Isn't Seceding, It's Turning Blue
- Bill Moyers Talks to The Wire's David Simon
- Shoe Throwing School
- More Than Meets the Eye
- The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul
- Don't Call It a Comeback
- Cybersecurity Act of 2009
- Obama Loosens Restrictions on Travel to Cuba
- Where Was The Lunatic Fringe In March 2001?
- Hostage Situation Had Nothing to do With Obama, Bu...
- Live!!! On Stage...
- Glenn Beck's Setting Himself on Fire
- Zinn on Class
- Teabagging Hysteria!
- Americans Losing Patience With Capitalism
- AP's Latest Fail
- Auditioning Outrage
- Political Correctness Run Wild--Obama Institutes P...
- Newt's Bloviation Spree Continues
- The Way of The Gun
- Holy Treaty of Tripoli, Batman
- Feel Free to Read This Post At Work
- The Class War Is Being Televised
- The Kids Really Dig The President
- If I Stole Stephen Colbert's Material
- ¿Puede decir usted "gracias"?
- Best Demon Ever
- The War On Spain Flows Mainly From O'Reilly's Brai...
- Shultz In, Shuster Out As MSNBC Host
- ▼ April (48)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)