Ken Layne at Wonkette has a funny snip from President Obama's second book The Audacity of Hope. In this anecdote newly elected Senator Obama tells the story of his first face-to-face encounter with freshly re-elected President Bush, who gives Obama sage advice and commiserates with the newbie over a common political foe. It's [spoiler alert] Alan Keyes.
Here's a look back at Dubya's debate performance in 2000 against Alan Keyes and John McCain, moderated by Larry King. This is some serious bullshit:
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Saturday, May 09, 2009
- ► 2010 (220)
- Newspapers on Your Home Computer? That's So 1981
- Nate Silver Ruins A Perfectly Good Trumped Up Scan...
- It's Time to Play--Is It Real or Is It Satire?
- Craig T. Nelson Considers Opting Out of America
- Sotomayor Polling Well Early On
- Fox News Analyst's Analysis--Just Kill 'Em
- On Verge of Getting Officially Primary'd, Arlen Sp...
- Sotomayor Nomination Very Smart Politics
- Prop 8 Upheld
- Sotomayor Nominated, Prop 8 Ruling Soon
- Memorial Mile 2009
- I Am Now Officially More Worried About the Economy...
- News Mixed On Battle Against Taliban
- Cheney Rules! Just Ask Anyone to the Right of Vla...
- This is Being Kept Safe?
- NCNA's Newest Member
- Jesse Ventura Preys on Sean Hannity
- "The Most Difficult Presidential Incumbent to Defe...
- CQ Shows Us the Rumsfeld We Fully Expected
- What Maureen Dowd Wrote When Obama Was Accused of ...
- President Obama's Commencement Speech at Notre Dam...
- Riddle Me This, Gibbs...
- "This Amateurish Technique is Harmful to our Long-...
- Just what could go wrong here?
- Explaining Cheney
- Republicans Off and Running in Florida Senate Race...
- Worst. Fake. Media. Ambush. EVER!
- Jesse Ventura Wants To Enroll Dick Cheney in Swimm...
- The New Bullshit--President Obama Wants Capitalism...
- Comedian In Chief
- Then Bush Said to Obama, "That Guy's a Piece of Wo...
- Director of White House Military Affairs Resigns O...
- A Party of One
- I'm Obsessed With Pennsylvania Senate Race
- Sessions to Replace Specter as Ranking Member of S...
- Next Up: Glenn Greenwald
- Politics is Easy, Comedy is Hard
- Could You Imagine the Look on Scalia's Face?
- Jeb in '12?
- Jon Stewart or: Dr. Strangelove Full Title Referen...
- Don't Let Your Kids Anywhere Near This Guy
- So Long, Souter
- ▼ May (43)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)