I've Moved

Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.

RSS: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
URL: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Get Your Marx On

by Jay Allbritton
Marxism 2009, a festival of living and breathing people who want better conditions for the world's working class, starts tomorrow in London and runs through Monday.

The website Resistance MP3 has recordings of American historian Howard Zinn, Black Panther Party's David Hilliard, prominent historian, novelist, journalist and filmmaker Tariq Ali, Former Guantanamo prisoner Moazzam Begg and dozens of other speakers from Marxism 2008 and all previous Marxisms going back to 2002. I do not consider myself a pure Marxist, but over the last several years I have listened to dozens of events podcast from the festival and a lot of the ideas are quite worthwhile. One of these years I'll even attend the thing in person.

Also, the Communist Manifesto is really worth rereading. The recent global economic collapse has Karl Marx looking like a prophet.

0 comments:

The Station Agent Wrote Some Music with his Friends!

ALLIED RADIO: Secular Music Night

ALLIED RADIO: Dig Until I Bleed



I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.





US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003


Add to Google


Subscribe to Ice Station Tango
Subscribe to Ice Station Tango



View My Stats

Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

media is the issue: www.freepress.net



Media Bloggers Association

Powered by Blogger