I'm in the last leg of a three week stay at my parents' house in my hometown of Hollywood, Florida, (also known as "The Wood") where it's far colder than these people are used to. I actually had a tense argument with my Dad because I was about to leave the house without a jacket on a night when the temperatures were set to plunge into the low fifties. Tonight we're facing temperatures in the thirties. Mayhem, I assure you, will ensue.
This cooler than normal trend will continue for a while--not just in the Wood, but nationally--and, once again, every amateur comedian is looking to score and the inherent irony of global warming in these frigid days is an easy target.
I come to you with a plea for sanity. If you're thinking about unleashing this joke, please, control yourself. Do not do it. Move along to some other source of comedy; not just for the sake of the environment, but also for the sake of comedy. That joke is crusty. It was old before Al Gore invented the internet jokes were old. It's right up there with telling the cashier that an item must be free when the barcode won't scan. It's horrible. Please, help me out people. We can end this joke once and for all if we just band together.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
- I'm Not Calling it That
- Not Going Anywhere Near the iPad
- He Did Ask Politely
- Psst. They Can See You
- Set Fazers to Auto-Filibust
- Howard Zinn (1922-2010)
- Yes We Can
- UPDATE--Oregon Passes Tax on Rich, Corporations
- Disinfecting My Brain
- We're Not Moving Right; We're Moving Back in Time
- Pouring Fuel On The Fire
- 2009--Nothing Cool About It
- Somewhere Sam Seder is Laughing
- Get Out of the Bubble
- I Think The Penguin Is Trying to Tell You Somethin...
- What 41 Republican Senators Means to Me
- Clinton and Bush Team Up for Haiti
- Jimmy Kimmel Unleashes Nearly Funny Frontal Assaul...
- We'll be Raffling off the Presidency in 2012
- "Have You Read This Book?"
- "The Machine is (Changing) Us"
- Taking Sides
- Lightning Round--2010 Sucks Already Edition
- If Harry Reid Resigns, I Resign From Hope
- Musical Interlude
- They Hate You Like Poison, Joe
- Michael Pollan Visits The Daily Show
- Calling For a Global Warming Joke Moratorium
- I Didn't Know You Could Use Ammonia for That
- Can I Get a Refund?
- The Decade of Sanchez?
- Happy New Year, Station Nation, We're Four Years O...
- ▼ January (33)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)