I've Moved

Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.

RSS: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
URL: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Calling For a Global Warming Joke Moratorium

by Jay Allbritton
I'm in the last leg of a three week stay at my parents' house in my hometown of Hollywood, Florida, (also known as "The Wood") where it's far colder than these people are used to. I actually had a tense argument with my Dad because I was about to leave the house without a jacket on a night when the temperatures were set to plunge into the low fifties. Tonight we're facing temperatures in the thirties. Mayhem, I assure you, will ensue.

This cooler than normal trend will continue for a while--not just in the Wood, but nationally--and, once again, every amateur comedian is looking to score and the inherent irony of global warming in these frigid days is an easy target.

I come to you with a plea for sanity. If you're thinking about unleashing this joke, please, control yourself. Do not do it. Move along to some other source of comedy; not just for the sake of the environment, but also for the sake of comedy. That joke is crusty. It was old before Al Gore invented the internet jokes were old. It's right up there with telling the cashier that an item must be free when the barcode won't scan. It's horrible. Please, help me out people. We can end this joke once and for all if we just band together.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

The Station Agent Wrote Some Music with his Friends!

ALLIED RADIO: Secular Music Night

ALLIED RADIO: Dig Until I Bleed



I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.





US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003


Add to Google


Subscribe to Ice Station Tango
Subscribe to Ice Station Tango



View My Stats

Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

media is the issue: www.freepress.net



Media Bloggers Association

Powered by Blogger