I've Moved

Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.

RSS: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
URL: http://jayallbritton.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Not Going Anywhere Near the iPad

by Jay Allbritton
First of all, stupid name. Okay, with that out of the way, I'll defer to MacLife for a good working list of the important things that Apple left out. I'm not the most tech savvy person on my block, but no USB port? Are you fucking kidding me?

A commenter on the post I linked to above weighed in with their opinion on why Apple left out so many seemingly rudimentary features:
You can't put all of these features on the 1st generation iPad because it comes down to two things......smart business and making more money! If they had put all of these features on it then it would have given them limited features for the 2nd generation. Take the iPhone 3G for example. The 3G was capable of everything the 3GS was capable of so why would they leave video camera, voice activation, etc. off? So people will get a sense of buying something new and improved. If the 3G had everything the 3GS had....why would I buy a 3GS? It's called smart business. Yes, you can say that if this doesn't sell then there won't be a 2nd generation iPad but that's highly unlikely. This product has college students written all over it especially having the iBook and iWork apps involved. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me on this but I think Apple knows what it's doing.
I think Apple is playing with fire. Having very little discretionary income to speak of, there's no way I'm going to spend a dime on something that I know is going to be ten times better and cheaper in a year or two. Innovation is different than "milking it". While Apple is being coy, I sincerely hope some other company is going to sense an opening here and simply give the people what they want. Then Apple will have to react to them.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

The Station Agent Wrote Some Music with his Friends!

ALLIED RADIO: Secular Music Night

ALLIED RADIO: Dig Until I Bleed



I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

I support Americans United for Separation of Church and State.





US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003


Add to Google


Subscribe to Ice Station Tango
Subscribe to Ice Station Tango



View My Stats

Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

media is the issue: www.freepress.net



Media Bloggers Association

Powered by Blogger