A recent CBS News/New York Times poll asked, "In general, do you think the Obama Administration has increased taxes for most Americans, decreased taxes for most Americans or have they kept taxes the same for most Americans?"
Only 12 percent of the people they asked answered the question correctly. 24 percent said that the Obama administration has raised taxes and 53 percent said they kept taxes the same.
This is an incredible PR victory for the opposition and an incredible communications failure by the White House, which has consistently had trouble getting simple truths to penetrate wave after wave of distortion. The most populist thing any administration can do is cut taxes. When Bush cut taxes we heard about it seemingly every time any Republican was on the air. It may be possible that no one could manage the White House communications office any better than the people running it now, since they are up against an unprecedented level of obstruction. But it's hard to say that anyone could do any worse.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
- Well Played, Matthews
- Gadhafi Declares Somewhat Holy, Somewhat Punic War...
- Wait For It....
- You Were Governor of Alaska, Now You Can Go to Col...
- Hope for Darfur?
- He Was Talking About Some Other Thomas Paine
- CPAC Is Counterproductive for Republicans, Fun for...
- Long Live Firefly
- More Snowy Winters, Global Warming Denial to Come
- Osama Bin Laden Almost Killed Bill Clinton
- Godspeed, Haloscan
- See You in 2016, Senator Bayh
- Greg Fitzsimmons Pisses All Over Trickle Down Econ...
- Memo to the Obama Administration: It's Called a Ta...
- Quentin Tarantino Talks About Inglorious Basterds ...
- Clear Cooling Trend Started in August
- My Favorite Things--Novels by David Derrico
- Colbert Drops F-Bomb and R-Bomb on Palin
- Break Me Off a Million or Two, Chairman Steele
- Sarah Palin Stole My Line!
- And They Pass The Savings Along to You
- Young Turks Host Sam Seder Webcast
- Shelby Issues Blanket Hold of All Obama Nominees
- Stewart Issues Measured Criticism of Hyperbolic, V...
- Health Care Will Get Fixed In Another Life, Brutha...
- Jon Stewart Visits the old Crank
- I Deem This to be Awesome
- This is Hard, Because AC/DC is Cool
- The Only Thing That Matters is That I Think That i...
- The President's Question Time
- Maybe Goldman's CEO can Personally Bail Out Exxon
- ▼ February (31)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)