Seems clear to me that retiring Senator Evan Almighty Bayh is going to run for president in 2016. A lot of people are speculating that Bayh is prepping a 2012 challenge to Obama. That wouldn't get very far. Since Bayh is to Obama's right, Bayh would have no traction whatsoever with the base.
I actually look forward to the opportunity to work for the best of Bayh's opponents in the 2016 primary. Al Gore and/or Howard Dean would be my ideal choices, but there aren't many Democrats worse than Bayh out there (Zell Miller and Joe Lieberman come to mind).
While it's too early to think about what's going to happen two elections from now, it's not too early for Bayh to a great deal of grandstanding. He already hates Congress. "To put it in words most Hoosiers can understand: I love working for the people of Indiana, I love helping our citizens make the most of their lives, but I do not love Congress," Bayh said Monday. Adios Sen. Bayh. We'll see you again real soon.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Monday, February 15, 2010
- Well Played, Matthews
- Gadhafi Declares Somewhat Holy, Somewhat Punic War...
- Wait For It....
- You Were Governor of Alaska, Now You Can Go to Col...
- Hope for Darfur?
- He Was Talking About Some Other Thomas Paine
- CPAC Is Counterproductive for Republicans, Fun for...
- Long Live Firefly
- More Snowy Winters, Global Warming Denial to Come
- Osama Bin Laden Almost Killed Bill Clinton
- Godspeed, Haloscan
- See You in 2016, Senator Bayh
- Greg Fitzsimmons Pisses All Over Trickle Down Econ...
- Memo to the Obama Administration: It's Called a Ta...
- Quentin Tarantino Talks About Inglorious Basterds ...
- Clear Cooling Trend Started in August
- My Favorite Things--Novels by David Derrico
- Colbert Drops F-Bomb and R-Bomb on Palin
- Break Me Off a Million or Two, Chairman Steele
- Sarah Palin Stole My Line!
- And They Pass The Savings Along to You
- Young Turks Host Sam Seder Webcast
- Shelby Issues Blanket Hold of All Obama Nominees
- Stewart Issues Measured Criticism of Hyperbolic, V...
- Health Care Will Get Fixed In Another Life, Brutha...
- Jon Stewart Visits the old Crank
- I Deem This to be Awesome
- This is Hard, Because AC/DC is Cool
- The Only Thing That Matters is That I Think That i...
- The President's Question Time
- Maybe Goldman's CEO can Personally Bail Out Exxon
- ▼ February (31)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)