Bill O'Reilly did a very good thing. He's picking up the legal tab for the father of Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew A. Snyder, who died while serving in Al Anbar province in Iraq. Snyder's dad sued Westboro Baptist Church members for making a fiasco out of his son's funeral. A jury awarded him nearly $11 million dollars for invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress. The U.S. Court of Appeals, however, overturned the verdict. Then, shit got real--the court ruled that Mr. Snyder would have to pay $16,500 to cover the legal fees of the church members.
Mr. O'Reilly, not only am I willing to temporarily bury the hatchet on this one, I'm giving your right wing, arrogant ass the vaunted Icee Award, because this is an incredibly good use of your monumental wealth. Thank you.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Thursday, April 01, 2010
- Lojack for Illegals?
- "We don't retire at 50 with a pension"
- West Wing Rewind--CJ Cregg Meets the Cartographers...
- Charlie Crist Goes Rogue
- Did Germany Try to Kill George and Laura Bush?
- Bill Frist Digs the Healthcare Reform
- Feelings Are Going to be Hurt By This
- So It's Come to This
- We Have Nothing to Fear But Aliens
- More Importantly, How Much Does it Cost?
- Go Fuck Yourself--A Blog Post in Three Acts
- Can I Get a Ruling From the GOP, Please
- Darkhorse Surges in British Campaign
- Krugman Talks Reform With Maddow
- Weak Sauce, Bill O
- Medium-Sized Brother--Cupons, Laptops Used for Sur...
- Comcast Someone, Kelsey Grammer to Catapult RightN...
- Lightning Round--Bumper Sticker Madness, Resistanc...
- Can You Ruin Something That's Already Terrible?
- Crist Vetoes So-Called Merit Pay Bill Passed by Fl...
- Inside the Fox News Imagination
- Tough Times
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev Comes Dangerousl...
- Time for an Ambush, Ice Station Style
- Lightning Round--Clear Channel, Troll Reviews, Dem...
- In the clearing stands a boxer, and a fighter by h...
- The Sarah Palin Network
- Spaceballs: The Blog Post
- So What's the Democratic Equivalent to This, CNN?
- "I Don't Want to Get Sucked Into Facebook..."
- We're not just doing this for money. We're doing i...
- Coburn's Comments Draw Predictable Response from O...
- Save Michael Steele
- Jorge Rodriguez, Young Turks Make Frontier Fifty
- Now Watch This Backhand
- John McCain Lives in a Flash Sideways
- Shister--Shuster In Shitter at CNN
- Patently Absurd Headline Theater
- Lightning Round--Jobs Report, LL Cool On Palin, Bu...
- Still On Notice, but No Longer Dead to Me
- I Know What Happened Here
- Let's Get Ponderous
- If You Think The Census Is Bad Now
- ▼ April (44)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)