Somehow, the company formerly known as Blackwater, your favorite merciless post-apocalyptic corporate army employed by the Bush administration, have emerged from their makeover with a new brand name, Xe, and a new contract from the Obama administration. The State Department awarded the contract, which calls for "Xe" to protect diplomats in Iraq. So, they will have the guns again. But, will they still have their signature icy disregard for human life?
We'll just have to hope for the best.
Also, massacre? I don't have got no idea what you're talking about.
UPDATE: WaPo's Jeff Stein has a source that claims the new version of Blackwater has changed and can be trusted. The company is still at least nominally run by Erik Prince, which I would figure would be a deal breaker, but here we are. These guys better not fuck up.
Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Monday, June 21, 2010
- I Knew It! Also, Siegelman Appeal Gets New Life
- You Knew it was Bad, But This Guy Documented the E...
- Book Review--David Derrico's The Twiller
- Ron Blackwell Knows an Asshole When He Sees One
- Tucker Gets a Bit Mopey
- Stewart is Ideal Obama Antagonist
- Drug Test Congress First
- Old Blackwater, Keeps on Rollin'
- Biden Giulianifies Barton
- I Can't Believe it Myself
- Lightning Round--This Brings All New Meaning to th...
- Go Alvin Greene!
- Congressman Snaps after Bush League Psyche-Out
- The Other Barbara Bush Shows Up on TV
- Before There Was a Massive Oil Volcano in the Midd...
- Did Colin Powell Prevent Cold War with China?
- Colbert Demands Obama Release His Rap Records
- Was Bill Clinton Once a Lesbian Orgy Magnet?
- Only a Million, Elton?
- So Many Assholes On TV
- Nothing to See Here
- Bush Admits Waterboarding
- John Oliver Bids Farewell to Senators Craig, Bayh
- Michael Savage Weighs in On Israeli Flotilla Raid
- Stop Talking Immediately
- For Justice, We Must Go to Bob Graham
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)