Hello, Station Nation. This blog has moved. You can find me here. Please adjust your feeds and blogrolls accordingly.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
by Jay Allbritton
Matt Zoller Seitz piece on Jon Stewart's recent run of what Seitz calls "Obama Bashing" is a skewed characterization of a really exciting phenomenon. If Jon Stewart's sustained criticism of the White House (far from "bashing", a lazy term which is really out of place here) manages to become the focal point of our national discourse, rather than, say, Fox News or Rush Limbaugh vs. the White House, than we may have a shot at something resembling a national comeback. Or, at least readily available, coherent political analysis. The White House wants Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin to be their foils, because they are easily beaten. Stewart's criticism is much more realistic, and actually might serve as a means of focusing the White House, once the shelf life of Stewart's ideas clear the administrative lag time.
- I Knew It! Also, Siegelman Appeal Gets New Life
- You Knew it was Bad, But This Guy Documented the E...
- Book Review--David Derrico's The Twiller
- Ron Blackwell Knows an Asshole When He Sees One
- Tucker Gets a Bit Mopey
- Stewart is Ideal Obama Antagonist
- Drug Test Congress First
- Old Blackwater, Keeps on Rollin'
- Biden Giulianifies Barton
- I Can't Believe it Myself
- Lightning Round--This Brings All New Meaning to th...
- Go Alvin Greene!
- Congressman Snaps after Bush League Psyche-Out
- The Other Barbara Bush Shows Up on TV
- Before There Was a Massive Oil Volcano in the Midd...
- Did Colin Powell Prevent Cold War with China?
- Colbert Demands Obama Release His Rap Records
- Was Bill Clinton Once a Lesbian Orgy Magnet?
- Only a Million, Elton?
- So Many Assholes On TV
- Nothing to See Here
- Bush Admits Waterboarding
- John Oliver Bids Farewell to Senators Craig, Bayh
- Michael Savage Weighs in On Israeli Flotilla Raid
- Stop Talking Immediately
- For Justice, We Must Go to Bob Graham
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (917)
- ► 2007 (995)